Designed and produced in Portugal, these beautiful socks are made by seamless toe knitting, to create a sock without any stitches. With a 80% Combed Cotton, 17% Polyamide and 3% Elastane, soft & beautiful inside and out. After you've worn them a few times, you won’t be able to go back to anything else.
The car that invented the hot hatch set a pretty high bar for all that came after it.
But its birth wasn't easy...
The prototype was based on a Scirocco, with an EA827 engine with dual carburetors and a lowered and stiffened suspension. When Volkswagen's Chief of Research drove this prototype, he objected to the harsh suspension and excessive noise from the intake system and declared the car "undrivable". Nevertheless, the VW Golf GTI team persevered and ended up assembling an exceptional automobile.
Gunhild Liljequist was tasked with creating a set of features that would set the GTI's interior apart from the standard Golf. Her contributions became car interior design legends: the bright Tartan plaid upholstery and the dimpled golf-ball-like gearshift knob, making this sock design sort of a no-brainer for us.
- Condition: new & 100% Official product
- Material: 80% cotton, 17% polyamide, 3% elastane
- Design feature: seamless knitting to create a sock with no stitches
- Design feature: grey and red check detailing
- Sizes available: L: 41-46 UK (7½-11½) US (8-12)
- Washing Instructions: Wash inside out (40ºC/100ºF max). Do not tumble dry, iron, bleach or dry clean
- Colour: multicolour
- Team: VW Golf
- Category:socks VW Golf GTI design
The Heel tread socks are part of our motorsport clothing range.