This poster print from the original painting by Alex Stutchbury, is of the BMW Sauber Formula 1 car. Robert Kubica became the first Polish driver to win a Grand Prix when he won at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in 2008. His spectacular victory came just 12 months after a horrific accident at the same track. This victory was hugely popular across the entire motorsport community and also marked BMW’s first and only victory as a constructor.
This painting is of the nosecone of Kubica’s BMW Sauber and showcases both the intricate aerodynamic winglets on the front wing and on the top of the nosecone itself. These made for a fascinatingly sculpted Grand Prix car, but sadly disrupted the air flow to the cars behind. As a result, many of these elements would be banned when the rules changed in 2009. However, in the hands of the Polish driver, Kubica would score 7 podiums and come joint third overall in the F1 World Championship.
The image is a limited edition run of only 150 and is the ideal gift for any motorsport enthusiast. The Unique and original digital fine art painting is a high quality Fine Art Giclée print on Canson Rag Photographique 310gsm paper. This paper is traditionally mould made from 100% cotton, to high archival standards, producing a paper with genuine heritage. By using high-quality rollers, the print will go to the edge of the paper, replicating the original painting dimensions, it comes in A2 size, which is the same size as the original piece of art, the print measuring 42.0 x 59.4 cm (16.53 x 23.39 inches) only and delivered unframed. It will arrive with a certificate of authenticity.
All prints are professionally packaged and sent via a Fine Art Guild supplier, to ensure quality assurance.
- UK mainland: Each print is professionally rolled by the manufacturer in acid free tissue paper (rolling of prints will not damage quality and will flatten easily when artwork is displayed in a frame). Protected in an outer card wrapping. Sealed in a strong protective tube and transported using the DPD Courier Service and a tracking number will be supplied when in transit.
- Exclusive BMW Sauber edition run of only 150.
- Unique and original digital fine art painting.
- Professionally printed Giclée print on Canson Rag Photographique 310gsm paper.
- Size A2 print only; measuring 42.0 x 59.4 cm (16.53 x 23.39 inches).
- Certificate of authenticity included.
*FRAMES ARE NOT INCLUDED*. DISCLAIMER: This is OFFICIAL artwork by Alex Stutchbury.
Alex Stutchbury is an English artist living in London. He studied Art and Illustration at Brighton University and at the University of the Creative Arts. He won the 2008 D&AD Awards 'Best New Blood' for his Final Major Project book 'Nightlife' and was also awarded 'Curator's Choice for Illustration' by NOISE Festival.com. The majority of his work focuses on his three main passions – sport, film and music. He produces colour pieces portraying iconic actors, musicians and sporting stars from past and current times.